Z-Core bats overshadowed every other bat in the 2016 college world series and now they are back with the new and improved 2017 Easton Z-Core XL model. The Z-Core XL is a one-piece aluminum bat with a higher swing weight for more mass behind the ball. This bat features HMX Hyperlite Matrix alloy which provides unmatched durability.
2017 Easton Z-Core XL Review
The Easton Z Core 2017 is different than other baseball bats because of it’s has a carbon handle and aluminum barrel. Easton Z legal for high school and NCCA, so you can easily choose this bat for your youth baseball players.
Details and Specs
- Available in lengths varying from 31 to 34 inches
- 5/8 Inch Barrel Diameter
- -3 length to weight ratio
- 31/32 inch tapered handle
- HYPERSKIN Grip (Thickness: 1.2 mm)
- 1 Piece Bat Construction.
- 100% Hyperlite Aluminum Alloy.
- 1.2-micrometer Hyperskin Bat Grip
- BBCOR Certified.
- One Year Official Warranty.
Why you might want to consider buying one
- Some advantages using this bat includes an end loaded swing which can be very helpful for power hitters.
- The bat feels premium quality and feels great in the hands
- The price is reasonably good compared to other bats in the market and will hold up for years to come
- Similar to the 2016 version so people who purchased one before will be easier for them to get used to it
Why you might NOT want to buy one
- One downfall is that it is not a balanced bat and requires players to be a little more experienced
- This bat also has a heavy swing weight due to its design so you can find lighter bats on the market
- It’s not that different to the 2016 version so if you purchased the older version before don’t expect to find something new and groundbreaking with the 2017 Z-Core.
To wrap up if you are a more experienced power hitter with good technique this bat is right for you. If you are a player who is still developing and looking for a lighter swing Z-Core includes other bats such as the Z-Core hybrid (two-piece bat with a slight end load) and the Z-Core speed (one-piece aluminum bat with a balanced feel and a low swing weight for faster swing speeds)