After spending hours of time analyzing the market, we have come up with the best 5 drop baseball bats. The number of bats is close to 20, alone in 2017. Some we liked very much, other not so much. While tracking our progress we try to update every time with the new availability of each bat and come up with the best drop 5 baseball bats.
Best Drop 5 Baseball Bats 2018
We summed up the bats with the following Marucci CAT 6 (5th place), the Louisville Slugger Prime 915 (4th place), the Easton XL1 (3rd Place), the DeMarini Voodoo FT (2nd place) and the top of the podium in the drop 5 category is the DeMarini’s CF7 rounded out the top 5.
Marucci has released their newest version of the CAT 5-Squared in 2015. It is called, not surprisingly, the CAT 6.
We recommend the Marucci CAT 6 for the hitters who want to avoid it’s associated sting and like the power and the honest feel that comes from this one-piece bat. If you prefer a balanced bat, want a one-piece bat, a top-shelf bat, but don’t want to spend a top-shelf amount of money or prefer a two-piece bat, but you want to get the same smoothness of a two-piece bat and would rather have an aluminium barrel then this is the bat you are looking for.
Pros of Marucci CAT 6 –
- This bat has somehow found a way to improve on their very familiar Cat 5 model.
- Marucci CAT 6 is a balance BBCOR bat that is comfortable in the hands of most players.
- This BBCOR bat is inspired by the newer designs going into professional bats around the world.
Cons of Marucci CAT 6 –
- Some players reported that it can get scratched for dirt.
The Louisville 915 Prime is actually a ‘three piece’ bat. Slugger’s branding for this technology is called Tru-3.It has a graphite connective piece,360 composite handle, and a 360 composite barrel. Other Competitors would probably refer to this bat as a two-piece composite bat, but to keep in line with the way which Louisville Slugger is referring to the bat, we will call it a three-piece composite. The BBCOR level of this bat is allowed to have as much pop as any other bat in the league. If the weight distributions of a one-piece aluminum bat work for you then this might be a great fit for you and save a bit of your several bills as well.
Pros of Louisville Slugger 915 Prime –
- This bat has many attractive features.
- The full body composite material allows for a bigger sweet spot than aluminum bat.
- Perfect drop 10 composite bat for 11-13 years old travel ball. Handle and grip are awesome.
- Good pop and a massive sweet spot.
Cons of Louisville Slugger 915 Prime –
We would recommend the Easton XL1 to hitters who are willing to pay for the pedigree of a proven winner; Just about anyone that can swing it. If you want a composite barrel, prefer two-piece bats, are not on a budget, prefer end loaded bats, want to improve their bomb dropping skills then this is the rightful bat for you.
Pros of Easton XL1 –
- ConneXion Technology Maximizes Energy Transfer and Eliminates Vibration
- Full Twelve (12) Month Manufacturer’s Warranty
- IMX Advanced Composite Barrel Delivered An Ultra-Responsive Hitting Surface
- Ultra-Thin Inch Handle To Improve Overall Feel
- Performance Diamond Bat Grip
Ever since at the age of 16, Bryce Harper used the DeMarini VooDoo to smash a 502-foot home run at Tropicana, the hybrid Voodoo bat has been, to say the least, a very popular choice. This bat has a great smooth swing and a ping sound with an enormous barrel and we’d expect nothing less from a bat company who was made famous by hot, out of the wrapper sticks. With such an impressively consistent and pedigree, impressive design, anyone looking for a top class bat of the line bat shouldn’t hesitate even a bit to take this one to the plate.
Pros of DeMarini Voodoo Overlord –
- This bat has a very solid pop.
- RCK Knob lets the bat rest comfortably in your hands.
- Doesn’t have a lot of vibration.
- X10 alloy lets us have thinnest possible barrel walls so we can keep the weight down and open up the sweet spot.
Cons of DeMarini Voodoo Overlord –
- This is an end loaded bat so if you haven’t used these before, it’ll take some getting used to
- Overall it’s a tad heavier than others, but not so much it will affect your hitting
A performance two-piece composite tuned to the maximum allowable performance, advanced connective piece, D-fusion handles. Better yet, the CF7’s barrel has been extended noticeably. And in a 33 length too? It’s a verifiable monster. With the balance felt right smack in the middle of the sweet spot this bat is downright enchanting. This oversize performance bat should star in an infomercial hosted by the New England Patriots on how to deflate balls. We loved this bat so much that we couldn’t stop ourselves from making this bat at the very top of our top 5 best drop baseball bat of all time.
Pros of DeMarini CF7 Drop 5 –
- The popular D-Fusion Handle has been improved on this year with Flame Tempered technology for a stiffer feel with even less vibration.
- Amazing balanced.
- Lots of pop even when ball is not squared up on the barrel well.
Top Question of Best Drop 5 Baseball Bats
Q – Every Easton bats has the official warranty?
A – Yes, you do 1-year warranty of Easton bats.
Q – Is this a composite
A – Some bats have it.
Q – Who should use a Balanced Drop 5?
A- The balanced drop 5 is a conundrum. Indeed, one chooses a drop 5 to get more power because your swing speed has maxed out and the greater weight gives you more power
With the best drop 5 baseball bats reviews, you should not find any big difference. This article has provided you with almost everything that you need to make the best purchase. The question of which one among them is the best is really a personal preference. All the baseball bats reviewed above are of quality, and they are the product that you can use for many years before considering a replacement.
However, before you go to the store, just keep in mind that you choose the bat that you can control and that will help you in achieving your goals.